What data do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal data from you:
- Contact data: This includes your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you provide us when you contact us through our website, email, phone, or social media.
- Usage data: This includes information about how you use our website or services, such as your IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, pages visited, time spent, links clicked, and other similar data.
- Preference data: This includes information about your preferences and interests, such as your preferred destinations, activities, budget, and other similar data.
- Feedback data: This includes information about your feedback, ratings, reviews, comments, questions, suggestions, or complaints that you provide us through our website or services.
- Transaction data: This includes information about your transactions with us or our partners, such as your booking details, payment details, confirmation details, and other similar data.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data from you, such as your race, ethnicity, religion, health, or biometric data.
How do we collect your data?
We may collect your personal data in the following ways:
- Directly from you: We may collect your personal data when you provide it to us directly through our website or services. For example, when you fill out a form, make a booking, subscribe to our newsletter, or contact us.
- From third parties: We may collect your personal data from third parties that we work with or that provide services to us. For example, when you make a booking through one of our partners, such as a travel agency or a hotel. We may also receive your personal data from third parties that provide us with analytics or marketing services.
How do we use your data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our website and services: We may use your personal data to provide and improve our website and services. For example, to process your bookings, confirm your reservations, send you notifications, respond to your inquiries, resolve your issues, solicit your feedback, monitor and analyse our performance, and enhance our features and functionality.
- To personalise and tailor our website and services: We may use your personal data to personalise and tailor our website and services to your preferences and interests. For example, to show you relevant content and offers based on your previous searches or bookings.
- To communicate and market to you: We may use your personal data to communicate and market to you. For example, to send you newsletters, updates, promotions, surveys, or other marketing materials that may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving these communications at any time by following the instructions in each message or contacting us.
- To comply with legal obligations and protect our rights: We may use your personal data to comply with legal obligations and protect our rights. For example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, or requests from authorities; to prevent, detect, or investigate fraud, abuse, security breaches, or other illegal or harmful activities; to enforce our terms and conditions; or to defend ourselves against claims or disputes.
How do we share your data?
We may share your personal data with the following parties for the purposes described above:
- Our partners: We may share your personal data with our partners that provide services to us or that we work with. For example, travel agencies, hotels, airlines, car rental companies, or other service providers that are involved in fulfilling your bookings or providing you with offers.
- Our service providers: We may share your personal data with our service providers that help us operate and improve our website and services. For example, hosting providers, payment processors, analytics providers, marketing providers, or customer support providers.
- Our affiliates: We may share your personal data with our affiliates who are part of the same group of companies as us. For example, our subsidiaries, parent companies, or joint ventures.
- Other parties: We may share your personal data with other parties if we have your consent or if we are required or permitted by law. For example, with regulators, law enforcement, courts, or other authorities; with potential buyers, sellers, or merger partners; or with other parties involved in a legal process or dispute.
How do we protect your data?
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. For example, we use encryption, firewalls, access controls, and other security technologies and practices. However, no method of transmission or storage is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it or as required by law. The retention period may vary depending on the type and nature of the data and the legal obligations that apply to us. When we no longer need your personal data, we will delete it or anonymise it in accordance with our data retention policy.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights regarding your personal data, subject to applicable laws and limitations:
- The right to access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete any personal data that we hold about you, unless we have a valid reason to keep it.
- The right to restriction: You have the right to request that we limit the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when you contest its accuracy or object to its use.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your personal data to another party in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, where technically feasible.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for certain purposes, such as direct marketing or profiling.
- The right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal data.
- The right to complain: You have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority if you believe that we have violated your privacy rights or applicable laws.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details provided below. We may ask you to provide proof of identity and additional information to verify and fulfil your request.
How do we update this policy?
We may update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices, technologies, or legal requirements. We will notify you of any material changes by posting a notice on our website or by sending you an email. The date at the top of this policy indicates when it was last updated. Please review this policy periodically to stay informed about how we handle your personal data.
How do you contact us?
If you have any questions or comments about this policy or our privacy practices, please contact us using the following details:
- Email: email@example.com
We will do our best to respond to your inquiries and resolve any issues that you may have. Thank you for choosing UKVisit.co.uk.